I woke today with a bit of a start. Today is a big day for you. It's a day of new beginnings. Today will launch you into a world you have never seen before and you will do so with grace and courage. I admire you more and more everyday for your resilience and focus.
Today I am reminded to push myself, a little harder. To be a better mother, a better wife, a better friend. I could also strive to be a better sister and daughter.
I look at my children's faces as I tell them what is right from wrong; giving them reasons to trust themselves when things are uncertain. If I lack the confidence to push myself, where and when will I grow as a person. We ask from our children that they enter into the unknown: trying new foods, entering new schools, going down the highest slide. We must do that for ourselves.
I'm thinking of you today. You are on that highest slide. Looking down it and taking a deep breath. Good for you.
* This post is part of the Moms' 30-Minute Blog Challenge at http://www.steadymom.com
Wow, this really got me. You are the bestest in the whole world! XOXO
ReplyDelete