Tuesday, August 24, 2010

At Play


I look at these hands covered in multi-colored sidewalk chalk dust and start to feel, well, sad. She will be leaving our sidewalk for a classroom very soon. I'm. Not. Ready. Tears are forming as I type, that's how NOT READY I am. It feels like only yesterday that I became a 'Stay At Home Mom'. How did the time pass so quickly?

She will LOVE (pre)school. I have no doubt in my mind. She will make friends. She will gain confidence in herself. She will become even more independent. This is good for her. This is GREAT for her, which in turn is great for me.

(Note to self: Repeat last line 5 times a day.)

***

I love you Mazzy. I have loved our time at home together. Now, go have some fun without me.

Love,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. Your time at home with Mazzy is not over. It is only changing a little bit. Such is the life of a parent: always changing, yes? We must learn to go with the flow and trust that things turn out for the best.

    I know that you know all of this. I also know that it is important for you to mourn such changes. It is a big part of your "process."

    This is such a sweet little piece of writing, Keri. And the photo? Love.

    Love you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, I'm so grateful that Evan and Mazzy are able to enter preschool with someone they know and love. I know they both will have the most fantastic time. Thank you for always being there for me...in all my crazy worrisome glory. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears to my eyes.....I still remember you sitting on the club chair complaining that you were so HOT with that little bundle snuggled up against your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...