***
So, back to last night. Looking through a series of eggplant parmesan recipes on the internet I concocted my own inspired version.
After peeling and slicing 3/4 of a large eggplant I sprinkled them with salt and let them rest in a colander for 30 minutes; rinsed them with cold water and patted them dry. Next, I dredged them in egg (beaten) and tossed them in bread crumbs. Finally I pan fried them in olive oil for about 4 minutes on each side.
Let them rest on a baking sheet lined with a paper towel.
I made a tomato-based sauce using a can of diced tomatoes, a small can of tomato sauce, and a cup of marinara sauce. I poured a cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish.
Next, I placed 4 of the eggplant slices on top of the tomato sauce mixture.
Combine 1 c. ricotta, 1c. shredded mozzarella, and 1/2 cup of parmesan. Fold in fresh basil. Put a big dollop of the cheese mixture on each eggplant slice.
Top the dollops of cheese with eggplant slices and spoon sauce over each mound. Finish with any remaining cheese. Bake at 375* for 45 minutes.
Enjoy!
LOVE me some eggplant parmesan. And yours looks DEE-licious! Nice to see you blogging again. I know I'm not one to talk, considering I haven't blogged since JUNE. But I am really enjoying these recent posts, so keep it up, k? :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and tell Josh he's a silly head. I mean, the soup DID have bacon in it, did it not? ;-)
Yes, it's been since June, just sayin'. Miss it just a little. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ali. <3 This weekend was fun and I enjoyed cooking more than I have in so long.
Yes indeed, the soup was made with my husband in mind. :-) And he most definitely IS a silly head. ;)
To be honest, if I never cooked with bacon for the rest of our married lives, he'd find that grounds for divorce.
Um, YUM!
ReplyDelete