Thursday, April 26, 2012

Warts and all.

Garden Update:

Then.


Now-ish.
 Kid Update:

He's been fostering this wart for over a year, but only now has he become conscious of it. He's very excited about hearing Dr. Cunningham's ideas about his "bumpy thing". 
We were in the car on our way to Mazzy's gymnastics class......and this conversation happened. 


Mazzy: Pumpkins have those [warts]. 
Max: Well, I am a pumpkin. Grandma Up The Hill says so. 
Mazzy: Not THAT kind of pumpkin, Max.
Max:  Right, I'm HER pumpkin, Mazzy.
Mazzy: Me, tooooooo, Max!


(Thought you'd appreciate that story, Mom. (aka Grandma Up The Hill) )




Mazzy dressed up as a "French person".
I  need to post about her gymnastics class which, not surprisingly,  she is really enjoying. 


Two problems though: (1) Getting decent pictures.  (2) My heightened anxiety and weird reaction to actually being in the same room where my daughter is supposed to be learning and listening, rather than talking and twirling and interpreting her own gymnastics moves. 


I FULLY realize I need to get a grip, but oh my gosh the stress.




Life sans Kids Update:

This is Mel and Mark. They live in wine country. Oooooo. Ahhhhhh. We were lucky enough to bribe 'em into letting us stay with them overnight. (Thanks, Aunties Erin and Scarlett and Uncles Scotty and Troy!)

This is us with Mel and Mark in said wine country. *Sigh*

These are flowers. 

This is my husband playing our new favorite game, Ladder Ball. Either he scored high or lost horribly. Hard to tell.  I find him highly attractive in this photo. 

These are the two lucky boys who had the privilege of taking a picture with the beautiful Mel.

This is me and Josh and a couple glasses of wine down. 
Me and Mel relaxing in her backyard. (a.k.a. An oasis.)


Shoot, she's cute.
Marriage Update:

Josh  and I will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary in a little less than 2 weeks. Kuh-razy kool.
I'm so grateful for what the past 12 years have given us.


4 comments:

  1. This was fun to read! I love the idea of updating us on several facets of your life in one post. And the pics, as usual, are great.

    The garden may be growing a little slower than last year, but I see progress! Perhaps the butternut squash you bought was just a dud...diseased or something. Have you thought about replacing it?

    I love the pumpkin/wart story. So cute. And the pic of Maz all dressed up is so funny/cute. Where did she get the idea to dress as a French person? Fancy Nancy?

    I am oh so envious of your time in Livermore. You all look gorgeous in the pics, as do your surroundings. Y'all belong in a magazine.

    12 years, mama. 12 YEARS! Good for you guys! Plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hoping to make it to the nursery to replace the BNS...my mom is also growing seedlings up at her place and she may be able to spare one for me. :)

      You know it! Fancy Nancy, for sure!

      Thanks! No plans so far. I know, 12 years makes me feel like a middle-aged woman, like in a good way though. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Ali, I love hearing the update on all fronts of Creeg life! And I always looks forward to your photographs. The wart converasation is the sweetest! Congrats on 12 years...what are your plans to celebrate? Need a sitter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, sis! Not sure what or if we are doing anything. I'd hate to even ask you to sit...you just had em!!

    Mom loved the story! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...