Thursday, March 4, 2010

Part 3

I have so many memories of her parent's house; the soft carpet,  prestine furniture, and super cozy kitchen are crystal clear in my memory. Let's not forget sitting up at the breakfast bar eating treats or toast. 

The friendship between us has always been very easy. Easy as pie.  We shared many of the same insecurities.  We shared many of the same vices. Still do. These proved very conducive to our favored late-into-the-night chatfests.

I often think of her as my get-away friend. Whether she lived in town or out of town. A person to go to when I need to relax and let off some steam. She welcomes me with open arms and an open bottle of wine. That's my girl.

She has this amazing quality to see just beneath the surface. She is perceptive and genuine. She is loyal. She is a friend in the truest sense of the word.

And for that Melanie, I thank you.


6 comments:

  1. Mel...my 'dawg' with a heart of gold.

    Reading this made me smile and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spot on Mel. Love it. Love her. Love you.
    I'm really enjoying this series, Ker. Keep 'em comin'! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, your comments mean a lot to me. <3 Can't wait for Ariel's birthday lunch when we can all visit properly. Any talk about where we might be going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I gave you another blogger award. Feel free to ignore. :) I popped over to your blog and this post came up as one of the must reads. I love this post. Thank you so much, I guess I wasn't a blogger and didn't comment on it originally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOk at you tearing it UP in the blogosphere...love it so much. Thanks for including me in your last two lists. It means the world to me that you include me...a bit surprised with the company I'm holding, my god these women are strong. NOW if I can only get my mind back to blogging....wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...