- This week I managed to successfully cut down on my portion sizes, for the most part anyway (see The Bad). I almost felt like a lady sitting next to my husband with portions significantly less than his own. :)
- I incorporated exercise into my weekly routine. Now, this only occurred three out of the seven days (see The Bad); ultimately I need to be kicking my arse into gear five out of the seven days. So, I'll be working on that.
- Water has made a huge difference in the bloat factor. We are huge water drinkers here, but for the few weeks leading up to KC 130 I've slacked on my water intake, opting for coffee in the morning, my glass of wine in the evening, and not much in between.
- I've been sick this entire week with a virus that essentially wipes me out toward mid-day. The sore throat inhabiting my being will not leave and I'm frankly still very cranky about the situation. To top off that bit of cheery news, this weekend my son fell ill again for the hojillionth (a little word I'm stealing from my dear friend, Ariel) time and I fell back into old habits with grilled cheese sandwiches and bacon. Admittedly, it made me feel better; the delicious, coronary-inducing food coma I was in lasted long enough for me to feel really, really guilty.
- Exercise 5/7 days
- No pity-party binging.
- Continue with reasonable portion sizes.
- Make a trip to Trader Joe's and/or Raley's to incorporate more of these foods and these foods.
March 29, 2011 | 134 lbs.
:::
See you Five-O's in seven days when KC 130 returns.....
Just a quick note: This post is very similar to where my brain goes when I think about the 287356736 different ways we are told to eat and stay healthy. Amen, Sister!
The sunshine forecasted for this week will make it much easier to get those workouts in. Good for you for working out three times even while sick!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up! :)
Oh, and I wanted to let you in on a little trick for those times that you are shopping at Savemart: reading the PLU codes on produce stickers can tell you whether it is organic or conventional.
ReplyDelete- Organic produce has a 5 digit PLU number that starts with 9.
- Conventional produce has a 4 digit PLU number that starts with 4.
Example, Fuji Apples:
#94129 Organic
#4129 Conventional
I mention this because one time I was at Savemart shopping for apples and there were none in the (sad little) organic section. I decided to check the regular stock of apples and, by reading the stickers, discovered that the organic were mixed in with the regular!
That is such a helpful tip, Ali. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteKeri! I so enjoyed reading your post. Awesome job cutting back on portion size, that's a tough one (from someone who SPLITS a large pizza with her husband 2x as large), I think you're off to a great start despite the illnesses! So tough to diet when you throat is itchy and asking for some scratchy carby foods.
ReplyDelete"And frankly still very crabby about the situation" - :) you're so cute.
Love you! Stay strong and pick yourself up some healthy comfort snacks at TJ's for a back up plan if all goes awry.
And...you've lost 4 pounds since first weighing in :D
ReplyDeleteI'm VERY impressed you managed to fit in 3 workouts while sick. That right there is dedication! I would ahve probbaly gained weight. :-)
ReplyDeleteMel, ALL I've wanted this week is carbs!
Oh, Mel. You are my soul sister. I'd easily split a large pizza with you, anytime. I mean for a special occasion, that is. ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you, ladies!