Tuesday, April 5, 2011

KC 130 | Week Two

The good: I was able to exercise 4 days this week.
The bad: The one-thirty-six that appeared on my bathroom scale this morning. (It seems someone indulged a little too much over the weekend at the two family birthday celebrations.)
Question: How do you guys successfully maintain willpower when attending fun, food-filled celebrations while trying to lose weight? This is incredibly hard for me to do. I mean, really, look at what was tempting me...






Excuses, excuses. I love to eat. That is all. Pray for me.

April 5, 2011 | 136 lbs.

See you in seven days, guys.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! Did Erin make that spread? Please describe the egg dish in the last photo. It looks divine. I've never seen anything like it!

    I really can't hold back during festivities either (and we shouldn't, they are few and far between!), but would probably start with the egg for protein, fill up on fruit, then a sliver of cake and sweets. Drink loads of water and a salad for dinner.

    Looks like you had a great time!

    Great on the exercise and being "good" 6 days of the week, it will start to show! :) Also, take your measurements when the scale lies! It does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin really outdid herself...the egg dish was black forest ham baked for 10 minutes or so in the muffin tin, then an egg was put inside and baked for 20 minutes or so...sprinkled with parmesan(?) and garnished with cilantro. She made them with prosciutto as well. That was my favorite.

    Please correct me if I'm wrong, E.

    Can't wait to hear about your trip, MC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the exercise Keri...you're still toning those muscles...keep that in mind!

    Sorry about the goodies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I don't really have any advice for holding back at fun, food-filled functions. I don't even try! But, the plan Mel laid out makes a lot of sense, allowing you to indulge without overdoing it. And she is SO right about taking measurements. Often, those are a more accurate representation of your progress than the number on the scale.

    And remember, 2 pounds could easily just be water weight. I wouldn't be surprised if you're down four pounds at the next weigh-in.

    Great job on the working out, Keri! Your hard work WILL pay off. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...