Almost three years ago to the date I
wrote about my beloved Japanese Maples given to me by a
dear friend maybe 6 years ago. They were my babies and I've tended to them with love and care, waiting for the day that they would branch out on there own. Har.
Just last night I noticed my most cherished of the three (yes, I have a favorite) is all grown up.
 |
| At dusk: The red hanging cluster of flowers will eventually turn into seeds. This is the first time this Japanese Maple has flowered. |
 |
| At dawn |
 |
| You're so purty. |
And then these have taken off, too! Although, no seeds yet...
 |
| Probably my least favorite of the three, but loved none the less. It seems odd that I planted my least favorite in the ground, but I'm having issues letting go. |
 |
| This one can be seen outside my son's bedroom. I'm thinking of planting him in the ground soon. |
Love 'em, Mel. Thank you. Again.
I am so proud of you and your trees. They are gorgeous, and look perfect in your backyard. I think it was for your 27th birthday.
ReplyDeleteUm, I had no idea they bloomed! Maybe I've never had a full grown one like yours. That is so cool! Now you have to keep the babies and give them away after they drop their seedlings.
And I love getting TWO shout-outs on the subject of Maples! :) xoxo
How awesome you got 3 trees from your pot! They look great. Way to go Mama!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea they flowered either! Hmmm...I wonder when mine will?
ReplyDeleteGreat job, green thumb mama. Your trees are bee-you-tee-full!