Firstly, thank you to you Five-o's for the words of encouragement and thoughtful sentiments you've given me the last few weeks.
Secondly, I'm starting to feel silly having this being about 4 pounds or so. :/ I am not in a situation that allows me to focus 100% on losing 4 pounds. The same 4 pounds that is presently weighing on my flesh or at times just ready to land directly on my thighs anytime I put a carb in front of my face. 4 pounds. This is not what I should be focusing on, nor do I have the luxury to do so.
Someone recently and unknowingly gave me some advice and some things to think about...
Is it really the 4-6 pounds that's important? No. No it isn't.
Is it my inability to be happy with myself? The self that is right now. Yes. Yes I think it is.
There are more important matters at hand, and zeroing in on 4 pounds is actually making the task at hand seem even more unmanageable. It's like the more I fixate on it the more unobtainable it seems to be. Aha! That sounds exactly like how parenting has been for me. When I fixate on what I'm doing wrong as a parent I tend to keep doing the exact things I don't want to be doing. Am I making sense?
Anyway...when I lost the weight a year ago I was having fun losing the weight, and not because I had a post to write every 7 days. I'm really not feeling right about KC 130. I'd like to move on and maybe I'll find my niche again.
C'est la vie.
Totally making sense. Work out because it's good for your health and can help you to feel good about yourself. Eat healthy food because it's good for your health and don't beat yourself up when you indulge in some things that you love and that bring you joy. Life's too short to obsess about the scale, right? If your clothes start to get too tight or you start to feel sluggish, that's a cue that maybe you need to drink more water, take more walks, eat more veggies, or whatever it is that makes you feel better. I know that my "healthy living" endeavors are always more successful when my focus is on feeling good, rather than focusing on physical appearance.
ReplyDeleteAnd how astute of you to make the link between this and your recent parenting struggles. You're such a smart, beautiful, and insightful woman. I love you and feel blessed to call you my friend. <3
Ali, you are so darn good at wording exactly what I'm feeling! Thank you for saying what you said. You are such a dear friend to me...I'm glad I have you in my life to yo-yo about and chatter away at. Love ya, lady. Something tells me you did something fun today. I want to live vicariously through you and your day. Maybe it'll be a post?
ReplyDeleteWe had fun, but nothing exciting. Jean's sister is in town (from Hawaii) for some big family shindig that's going on tomorrow. We took the kids to Jean's house today to visit. We were there from noon to 5:30! Yeah. Probably not the vicarious living you were dreaming of doing. ;-)
ReplyDeleteKeri, I commend you for being so in tune with yourself to step back and assess your true feelings. That's a tough thing to do, is just asking yourself why? What a great takeaway for me today! I love these posts of just pure honesty. They are my very favorite. Although I will miss the dissection of your week and your cool charts, am nosy like that - I look forward to hearing other personal triumphs of yours . Still your biggest cheerleader, and in the words of Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones "I like you just the way you are". I always think you look fantastic, but look the most beautiful when you're happy and glowing. :)
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, Mel, you say the sweetest things.
ReplyDeleteMel, I think I'm the least tuned in of all my friends, but thanks for the vote of confidence. :) Ali's right, you do say the sweetest things...always have. :) I always see the shake of the pom poms when I think of you. And that memory for lines from shows/movies is that of a dude (and VB!). I'm envious of that special power.
ReplyDeleteAnd Ali, you say the sweetest things, too, oh yes you do! :)
"is that of a dude." Ha! You made me laugh, Keri. :) Love you girls.
ReplyDeleteDamn girl, I think you look good, just the way you are!:-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, sis. Love you.
ReplyDelete