Monday, April 11, 2011

A Perfect Day


Lunch on the patio.


Avocado salad rolls and CPK spinach & cheese pizza served with a crisp chardonnay.


My lunch companions: Erin and Mom.

My mom and me. (I seriously have no idea if 'I' is supposed to be used here...and I'm deciding not to care.)


Cherub.

Dessert.

My mom brought them out slighty warmed. Delectable.

Me and my little sis.


Cherub No. 2


My beautiful mom.


 Mission: Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon

The chefs


The cast of characters


The first hour...five more to go.

Break time. :)


Thyme for the boeuf bourguignon


Sauteed onions.

Time to eat!


Add caption


Délicieux!

7 comments:

  1. How fun!! Was this a special occasion or just because you wanted to get together with your besties and make something cool? I so want to do that!! Love this post, Keri! You three girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire post was just so much eye candy! Your mom's lovely home with the gorgeous views, all of you beautiful ladies, the food, oh - the food looks so good. I can almost smell the aroma through the photography. Nice job capturing each moment,and detail. Just looks so cozy and heart warming! A perfect day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just so impressed with your photography skills, especially the portrait of your mother. I love seeing you evolve with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO fun to relive the day through your post! Great pictures Keri...so much fun and SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is a veritable feast for the eyes! All of the photos are stunning, but I think my favorites are:
    1) You and Erin on the patio
    2) Both cherub photos
    3) Close-up of the recipe with a bottle of wine in the background, and
    4) Erin and your mom, chatting and smiling and cooking in the kitchen - REALLY love that one!
    What a fun day for you three! These will be memories you'll cherish always. And I can just see you, 20 years from now, doing the same thing with Mazzy and Harlie. :)

    Great post, Keri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, you are certainly not alone in wondering whether to use "me" or "I" in that sort of situation. It is probably one of the most common grammatical errors that people make. That said, you totally got it right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ali: Ha! I even looked up 'I' vs. 'me' and read something about subject vs. object...and I'm like whaaaaa? ;)

    Thanks, ladies! I had fun up at my mom's...I only ever get a chance to take pictures in my own dinky backyard. Finally, a change of scenery.

    I like this whole cooking and socializing gig. Two of my very favorite things!! Us girls need to do it more often! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...