Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mama'a French Toast

I woke up this morning dedicated to my goal: losing a little weight around my mid-section. Theeennnn  my daughter  requested Grandma's French Toast the moment she stumbled out of bed.  I could not deny her such a simple request. If only she knew how much I sacrificed.

Stir together a couple eggs, add a splash of milk, and a couple dashes of cinnamon. The only item missing was the Honey Wheat Berry bread I grew up on. I settled for my regular ol' whole wheat. Yum.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That actually looks kind of healthy, did actually eat outside? That would be awfully cute if you guys did. I love the filtered sunlight on plate and especially on the orange, it looks so juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how I make french toast! Well, how I used to make french toast, that is. 'Cept I also added a dash of nutmeg. :)

    Mmmm...honey wheat berry bread. I grew up on that shit too. Makes THE BEST toast in the WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutmeg, yep! Above is the recipe I grew up on...although I tend to add nutmeg and vanilla. This past Saturday I added fresh squeezed orange juice....gotta love french toast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...