Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What Family is For

Thanks to the wonderful people I call my family, I quite enjoyed my time at the El Dorado County Fair. This is our second time going and for someone who is anxious around crowds and lines I found myself delighted by the whole experience. It was definitely fun the last time we went but, with the ages the children are now, it was pure magic this second time around.

Corn dogs, pulled pork sandwiches, kiddie rides, roasted corn on the cob, shaved ice, cotton candy, overpriced bottles of water, dipping dots, funnel cake, stomach dropping death pods, ferris wheel, sweaty bums, and flushed cheeks. All of it worth the $19,862,754 we spent, combined.


Oh, Maxton, your expression is priceless.
Horsey and nice cowgirl.


On his way to skimming the cornbread of the corndog.
The three of these kids on this hill made me want to install one big ol' grassy knoll  in our backyard.

The most joyful man. He makes this little girl's world.

Revved up to go!

Cousin Harlie called shotgun!!

Derby Dude.

Grandma Kris and her Mazzy Girl.

Just beautiful of Auntie Erin. (Photo by my mama.)

Refreshing. The perfect treat.

She gives me reasons to act like a kid again. Thank you, Roo.

Oh, Uncle Scott. You're the best.

My little man dreaming of being big one day. You'll get there, Mister.

The Death Pod.

Days like this is what family is for. (Photo by Erin)

4 comments:

  1. Fun fun day!!! Your kids have da' best smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, This post is like stepping into a wonderland. What a fun and magical day in the country. I especially like the photos of beautiful Erin and the death pod shot. Maxton's so funny on that slide! All the photos of the kids are fantastic. You are so lucky to have this tradition with your family. Keep it up, or I'm going to steal it from you ;)

    Love you,

    P.S. Fairs make me extremely anxious too, but this one has a totally adorable relaxed small town feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, does it surprise you that Erin just up and got in line for the death pod? She made me look weak, so I had to do it, too. She's mean,huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, these photos are an absolute delight! The vintage look you gave them is the perfect complement to the "down home-iness" of the fair.

    Erin looks absolutely STUNNING in that photo your mom took, goodness me. What a beauty! And Max's expression in the slide photo is hysterical. I actually giggled out loud when I saw it. :)

    Gosh, these are all so great, I really can't pick a fave. Great job capturing the spirit of the day! What a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...