Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Beauty in a BLT

From the modest beginnings in a yogurt cup came a most beautiful specimen....

...a Brandywine Heirloom Tomato. Ripe for the picking, this beauty was born to inhabit a Bacon Lettuce & Tomato sandwich.

So meaty and wonderful to slice - the Brandywine holds together much better than a regular  ol' mater.

What could possibly make  a BLT taste any better? Well some 'cado of course! I do not understand people who do not favor the avocado. It may be my favorite fruit.

Add some crispy bacon, some lettuce and a little mayonnaise and you're soon to taste a little bit of heaven.

Football season is itching to start and my husband likes to catch a game on Sundays. I like to whip up a tasty lunch to serve the family in the living room while we watch a bit of the game with him. I enjoy football, but combining food with the game makes it quite more enjoyable for me.

Go Niners!

4 comments:

  1. Oh MAN... that looks amazing!!! We are having BLT's later this week too! Where did you get your seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'll have to grow Brandywines in the future! They look so "meaty" inside, like they'd be very satisfying to slice. Which, now that I think about it, is exactly what you wrote. :-p

    Anywho, lovely photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A BLT might just be the perfect comfort food in the world. I used to like to smash my bread down and make it all really compact so nothing could slide out. :) And I too, do not understand anyone who doesn't like 'cados.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I took the kids to Green Acres Nursery by my house off Jackson Hwy. They had fun picking their own packets.:)

    Ali, yes soooo satisfying!

    Mel, 'cados are jelly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...