I'm a slow learner, apparently, I didn't really find the missing piece to my sanity puzzle until our family made our way up to Northern Oregon to visit family friends. My friend Shawna kept the kids busy with lots of outings that required getting their bodies moving. Now, I'm all for physical exercise, especially for children, but I'd have them in the backyard with our blow-up pool, have them do their imaginary play, schedule playdates OR occasionally I'd take 'em to the park, occasionally. I'm not the meet-the-nice-fellow-mom-at-the-park-and-chat-it-up kinda gal. I'm the stare-at-my-kids-the-whole-entire-time-as-to-not-make-eye-contact kinda gal.
Aaannnyway, The trip up north was just the loveliest and the kiddos were entertained as were us parents watching them enjoy themselves and then they were good tired at the end of the day. I don't know why I didn't realize Mazzy at age 4 needed more than Mazzy at age 3, but I didn't. Or I did and I ignored that need. So that's great.
I have since vowed to push my social anxiety aside and get the kids out and about.... run 'em to the ground I say! :) You know what? I'm happy. The kids are happy, and I feel like the "real parent" in me is back and in full swing. Solely relying on cooking, baking, gardening, and crafts while Josh is at work doesn't cut it anymore in my house; lesson learned.
***
Today I packed up the kids to visit Effie Yeaw Nature Center. Here are some photos from our time there...
| Photo by Maxton |
| Photo by Maxton |
| Photo by Mazzy |
Happy mama. Happy kiddos.
Oh, I've always wanted to try that place! Looks like you guys had a great time. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteAnd, excuse me, but is Miss Mazzy wearing SKINNY JEANS?! I die.
Incredible pictures! I love the one of the rods sticking up out of the water...neato! Mazzy in her skinny jeans is the cutest thing ever. And her piggie braids with the headband..sty-LIN! Maxton's little hands and baggy shorts...squeezy weezy cute! Love seeing them in buddy mode!
ReplyDeleteIt make me so happy to hear that your happy again. :-)I remember how you and Mazzy had a "groove" when it was just her. Glad to hear Mama's gettin' her groove back! Enjoy your last days of summer with the kiddos...I can't wait to see where you go next!
Erin, eh, you always know how to get my tears a 'rollin'. Thanks for your sweet comments...I love how you know me so well and how much you love my kids.
ReplyDeleteGuys, isn't it nice seeing Maz is other things besides hand-me-downs!?I'm enjoying the new duds we have for her. Mom got her the skinny jeans, I know....too cute. :)
I love the close up of the reeds in the water too! That's my fave of the nature shots. Of the kiddo shots, I LOVE the one of them running on the trail side by side taken from behind (captures their energy and pure delight), the b&w shot of Maz with her arm around Max (big sister love and protection of lil bro - the sweetest), the closeup of the wildflowers with the kids walking in the distance (cool perspective!), and the last one (their smiles are to die for!).
ReplyDeleteShe's totally got style! Too cute and sassy. Who were her hand-me-downs from?
ReplyDelete