B-day Week: P. 4
(The posting of Josh's "birthday week" is slowly coming to a close, and the titles of the posts are getting shorter and shorter.)
Thanks to my sister, Josh and I had a whole day to ourselves to do whatever we wanted (within reason.)First on the agenda? Head to midtown. Lined with beautiful tall trees, eclectic shops, fun dining establishments, and Victorian houses, it's the perfect place for us to "get away" if only for a few hours. I've learned to not care that I'm far from the hippest, coolest, or trendiest of patrons frequenting the places we wander into. (Side note: THIS is precisely what I like about being in my thirties. The self-conscience woman I was in my twenties is disappearing, if ever so slightly. Thank the Lord.)
On this day, I'm just happy to be out and about with Josh. He truly is the best eating, drinking, and meandering companion for me.
Alrighty, here we go...
 |
| First Stop: River Rock Tap House |
 |
| This burger was pretty darn tasty. Josh and I split this and a Philly Cheese steak. The burger was our favorite. |
 |
| Free tastes! |
 |
| The waffle fries were addicting. |
 |
| Pink beer? |
 |
| Here we are on our way to Phono Select. |
 |
| Yarn bombing. Learned of this after taking the photo. |
 |
| It was a glorious sunshine-y day. |
 |
| After picking up coffee from Peet's we headed over to Time Tested Books. Balloons were everywhere, it seemed. |
 |
| Then it came time to meet up with our good pals, VB and Chris. |
 |
| Only one of these people are actually in a band. |
Funny(?) story: The photo above is of us walking from The Back Door Lounge to the boat that we needed to board for the one-hour river cruise (on the Hornblower). While waiting at the Back Door Lounge for our drinks to arrive VB mentions to the server that we were in a bit of a time crunch because we had to get to The Hornblower in a few minutes. The server says, " Oh, well that's the captain at the bar." She said this straight-faced, I might add.
 |
| Mr. River Otter caught his dinner. (Seen from The Hornblower, a river cruise ship, on the Sacramento River.) |
 |
| Us with our fruity drinks. |
 |
| Us after the drinks kicked in. |
 |
| Beautiful VB. |
 |
| Mother and son. (Also: complete strangers.) |
 |
| On our way to dinner at Cafeteria 15L. (Josh and Chris taking photos of the old Tower Records building.) |
Good times, good food, good laughs, and fine company. This was a good day!
(A thank-you to Josh and VB for being born.)
Ok, that's it. I need another day date downtown! Looks like such a great time ya'll had. And I want those fries now!
ReplyDeleteLoved revisiting these photos here. What a fun-filled day! Coupl'a things:
ReplyDelete1) THOSE FRIES are what I was looking forward to at River Rock and we didn't even get them! Boo hoo.
2) Okay, you have to tell me: did you get the free beer tastes because you were taking photos? I seriously have to try that some time.
Fun post!