Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fun(der) Times

"Mom, what does 'der' mean? Why does Funderland have a 'der' in it?
 "Mazzy, I have no idea. But, good question!"

:::::



After the kids had there Well Child appointments we headed over to Funderland, a place with pint-sized roller coasters and fair rides for pint-sized kids.

It had come time for us to redeem a Groupon we purchased a few months back, so what better time to take the kids than after a doctor's appointment? Josh met us after work and we were able to enjoy the little amusement park with just a few other patrons on such a breezy and beautiful fall afternoon. It was really nice to follow the kids as they made their way back and forth between rides. I was in some serious need for a reconnection of some sort with my daughter. We have not been getting along as well as both of us would like. Let's just say,  like mama, like daughter. We both sure know how to be stubborn.

(I am presently working on this. In a big way.)

Anyways, back to our lovely afternoon. Josh and I enjoyed watching our two children enjoy each other. They really had a wonderful, joyful time together which pretty much made the day perfect. There's just something about spending time just the 4 of us out and about, showing the kids a good time. I want to bottle that feeling.

Here are some pics of our time...

































5 comments:

  1. Well, yesterday certainly was the perfect day for such an outing, the weather being GORGEOUS and all. Beautiful pics, Keri. The whole lot of 'em give me a feeling a joy and light heartedness.

    Did you ride the dragon coaster? That thing is fuuuuuuun, for reals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! No pictures because Josh was riding, too. :) It is a fun little ride with a bit of pep. ;) The kids listed it as their top fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly captured the fun in all of these photos. The kids smiles and the colors...I just want to jump in. Sounds like a great way to end a lovely fall day.

    Also, funderland like wonderland right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, really? Why didn't that click in my head. Thank you, oh Bright One. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photos are SO fun. I like the comment that there is nothing better than being with your little family of 4, and nobody else. Sounds so magical, and makes me miss my own parents, as I know how much they liked to see my brother and I have fun and experience all good things.

    Something I have yet to find out for myself as a parent, but you manage to always pull on all of my heartstrings. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...