Monday, October 31, 2011

What to expect, when you're expecting...





I just saw this quote...
"Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them."
Kinda sad, right?

It made me think about my own expectations I have for people in my life and whether or not I need to downgrade those expectations.

The answer is a resounding YES.

It also made me think about my expectations I have for myself and whether they should be upgraded.

The answer, again, is a resounding YES.



4 comments:

  1. Is that McKinley Park? I miss so much working across the street, and walking around that park. Beautiful photo.

    Very thoughtful post Keri. If I am one of those people in your life it would break my heart if we did not have the same unspoken expectations.

    I am often a person thinking that I need to do more, or thinking that I've let people down. I get kind of paralyzed from knowing there are people out there that I may have disappointed in some way.

    You are a very nurturing and open soul.

    Thanks for this though provoking post today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, when I first read this title I thought, "Keri's pregnant?!" ;-)

    I can relate to your thoughts here. It seems that the times when I am really disappointed, I can trace a line straight back to the fact that I had expectations that were not fulfilled. Expectations about how someone would act, or what they would do, or how a situation would turn out. I'm beginning to think that the only person it is healthy to have expectations for is myself.

    I can also relate to Mel's comment about letting people down. I feel like I'm letting people down constantly. And I am truly sorry if you are one of those people.

    This post is timely, Keri. My day so far has been lame, not at all what I was EXPECTING it to be, and it's put me in a bummer of a mood. Thanks for giving me some perspective and something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to this. It is a constant and difficult struggle for me to quit it already with the expectations...I just don't know how to not have them.

    I need to definitely start making greater expectations of myself fo sho'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Love and miss you all something terrible...looking forward to Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...