| A new approach to lunch. |
The rainy weather has finally come to town. We NEED the rain and so I'm trying to not complain tooooo much, especially since our winter had been so dry BUT, I stuff my face when it rains. Plain and simple as that. The last few weeks have been peppered with a few beautiful sunny days that never fail to draw me out of my self-diagnosed SAD coma...which is niiiiice however, I'm still left feeling a bit (okay, a lot) lethargic and weighed down from all my indulgences. The past few (maybe 6) weeks I've essentially been stuffing my face. I'll break it down for you...
Hamburgers w/ cheese (In N Out and on the grill)
Ice cream sundaes
Corned Beef Dinner (x2)
Sweet potato fries (so much!)
Beer
Steak
Pancakes
Bread (Sourdough, Pugiliese, Whole Wheat)
Gourmet cheeses and crackers
Wine
Berry Cobbler w/ vanilla ice cream
Of course I always incorporate fruits and veggies into our meals and we've been eating leaner meats as well, such as salmon and chicken BUT I was starting to feel like I would keel over at any second from a heart attack.
Enter Costco.
Enter $143 spent on veggies and fruit in bulk.
Enter need for more refrigeration space.
Enter Jillian Michaels and her weird way of talking to the 'audience' on her 30 Day DVD Challenge.
It's only Day 3 of the workout and my diet, consisting mostly of proteins, fruits and vegetables (limiting meat intake to 4 days a week) is going well. I'm feeling less bloated, a little stronger and hopefully, by the end of this week, more energetic once the hunger pangs wear off.
This was our dinner the first night:
| Slices of roasted Roma tomatoes in between a fillet of oven baked Cod and a bed of quinoa with sauteed mushrooms and peppers. Topped with sauteed spinach as a garnish. |
That salad looks yummy!!! Did you save the yolks?
ReplyDeleteAlso,the fish....so colorful and delicious looking! Keep posting your food...I miss it.
I didn't...remind me again what I'd use 'em for? :) Thanks, E!
DeleteThe dreary weather is always an urge for hearty foods. I've really missed so many of my favorites this winter. BUT, I'm thin and not sick, so that's a real bonus. I would love some of your fish recipes. We do salmon pretty often, but I don't really know how to cook much else by way of fish. Pictures are looking delicious!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Stef! I do the same ol', same ol' with my fish. Butter, sliced lemon, salt and pepper....I'm also on the hunt for new recipes. Pinterest has a few I've pinned. I'll let you know how they go. :)
DeleteThat food looks delicious Keri! Especially the fish on quinoa. I love garbanzos on my salads. Your salad is the perfect mix of lean protein, veggies, and fats. Those are seriously healthy meals. Nice work on getting motivated!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing a slim, trim, more colorful you! (Not that you aren't always a sight for sore eyes.)
Thanks, Mel! :) Seeing your gorgeous self this past weekend left me wanting to do better. Love ya.
DeleteYum yum! Great food pics, Keri! Everything looks so fresh and wholesome and delicious. I just wanna dig a fork right into that quinoa! :)
ReplyDeleteI feel ya on the lack of adequate fridge space. WHY are the produce bins so small?! Irritates me every time I come home from the grocery store.
What is this date in the future that you refer to? Visiting the O'Connors? (Lucky!) :)
Ali, I purchased the quinoa almost a year ago. Finally using it! Josh likes it (as do I)...this is good news. :) Thanks for introducing me to it. I like the chewy texture. :)
Delete